Employment and Family Immigration

Employment and Family ImmigrationThe law office of Ngozi Emeka Nchekwube can help resolve your employment and family immigration matters. Each person who wants to come into the United States has a different reason, whether family relationships or employment opportunities. Each situation presents challenges that must be addressed to help the immigration process run as smoothly as possible.

Our founding attorney, Ngozi Emeka Nchekwube, Esq., has 16 years of experience in helping clients with their family and employment immigration concerns. She represents individuals, employees and employers coming to the United States or seeking to bring in others.


Family Visas

Whether you or a member of your family is simply planning a visit or if you or a family member wants to work or immigrate to the United States, each case will have our personal attention from start to finish.

When you or your family member is outside the country and is looking to enter, we can help decide the best process and assist in bringing a natural born or adopted/orphan child, a parent, spouse or other family members, a foreign born fiancé or a student to the U.S.

If you or your family member is already in the U.S., we can help with:

  • Adjustment of status
  • Change of status
  • An expired or out-of-status visa
  • Entering the U.S. without proper inspection or documentation
  • Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) application


Employment Visas

Attorney Nchekwube has focused only on immigration law throughout her career. She is committed to our firm’s clients and will take the time to explain the situation. If you have questions or concerns about the process, she will help you understand what needs to be done to secure the appropriate work visas.

We are able to assist with a variety of visa applications, including:

  • H1-B — For foreign nationals with the minimum qualification of a bachelor’s degree
  • L-1 — For transferring employees from a foreign country to the U.S.
  • O-1 — For people with nationally or internationally recognized abilities in the arts, sciences, athletics, business and education
  • P-1 — For nationally or internationally recognized sports teams, entertainment groups or culturally unique artists
  • R-1 — For religious workers
  • TN — For citizens of Canada and Mexico with specific professional skills
  • Immigrant visas through employment


Contact An Indiana Family Immigration Lawyer

Contact our Merrillville, Indiana, law office by calling 219-985-6005 or toll free at 800-568-7155. Free 15-minute phone consultations with a lawyer are available. Credit cards are accepted. We offer flexible hours, meeting with clients on evenings and weekends as necessary.

Spanish language translation services are available.